What equipment do I need for the course?
Please note that I don’t always provide you with equipment for the course. (Be sure to check the details of the course)
As an freediver you will be encouraged to own your own full set of freediving equipment as this leads to safer and better diving. I will be happy to advise you so that you can make informed decisions on which kit to buy.
Here is the list of equipment and other items you will need for your course:
- Mask (low volume, silicone skirt, diving mask with nose pocket, Note: not swim goggles)
- Snorkel – simple J-type snorkel. (no valves, flexi-hoses) Must have tangs to keep snorkel in mouth.
- Fins (long fins are not essential for the AIDA 1*, AIDA 2*, PADI Freediver, AA Level 1, however you will need regular snorkeling fins or scuba fins without the boots)
- Wetsuit – Preferably 3mm open-cell for Dahab in the summer or 5mm for Dahab in winter. Must fit well.
- Weight belt – Rubber weight belt with lead weights. It is important that you have sufficient weights for the thickness of your wetsuit. (Please note that the lead weights must be removable and adjustable at all times during the course)
- Big beach towel, suitable for doubling as a stretching and breathing mat
- Drinking water
- Diving knife
- Depth Gauge/dive computer (preferred, not essential)
- Fin retainers