THE START OF DEEP FREEDIVING
- You're already a cetified freediver with some good experience!
- You want to go deeper, stay longer in static apnea, and improve your freediving techniques!
The AIDA 3 Freediver Course is designed for people who are ready to take their freediving to the next level! This course is THE start of deep freediving! 3 Star freedivers are trained to dive up to -30m. You will be able to really experience the sensations of deep diving.
Much of the course will be spent building on the skills learnt in the AIDA 2 course, learning and practicing free-fall technique, advanced frenzel equalization techniques and training tables.
This course is ideal for freedivers wanting to get deeper than is taught in the 2* course. It opens up a whole new world of diving and offers the first glimpse in to what competitive freedivers experience. It is also a great course to enhance your rescue and buddy skills.
Note, as this course requires some quite serious deep diving to take place, for some locations (Dar es Salaam and Saint Raphael) a boat will need to be chartered for your safety and ease of access.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who completed their AIDA 2* course (or equivalent) and wants additional knowledge and training to dive deeper
- Anyone who completed their AIDA 2* course (or equivalent) some time ago and wants to redo the course
THE AIDA 3 COURSE CONSISTS OF
- Theory sessions
- Breathing and relaxation sessions
- 2 confined water sessions (in the bay or swimming pool)
- 4 open water sessions
- 1 exam to pass at the end
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
- You will learn what happens to the body (and lungs) when the surrounding pressure becomes greater and how the body adapts to this (mammalian dive reflex).
- You will learn more about equalization techniques and how to perform or master the frenzel technique.
- The confined water sessions will allow you to practice O2 and CO2 tables, learn training concepts for static and how to prepare a maximum attempt.
- We will refine your freediving techniques, improve your streamlining position, and perform frenzel equalization efficiently while freediving. You will learn and practice the free falling and how to be very relaxed when performing a freedive to depth.
- More rescue scenarios at depth and on the surface will be practice.
Course will be taught by Renee Blundon, an American freediver, AIDA Freediving Instructor, PADI Master Freediving Instructor, Apnea Academy Freediving Instructor and EFR Instructor. She has taught / coached over 70 freedivers in the last two years.
You can find out more about Renee on her bio page.
English. (The course is mostly practical so perfect English is not necessary)
The course is 3-4 days. We start promptly at 9:00 AM and finish between 3:00-6:00 PM
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Theory session
- Confined Water Session – Training Tables
- Open Water Session
- Open-water Session 2
- Confined Water Session - Static and dynamic apnea training
- 2 Open Water Sessions
- Remaining Theory (if any)
- AIDA 3* Test
Schedule is subject to change without notice
Courses are held in Dahab, Egypt (the mecca for freediving!), Saint Raphael, France & Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please inquire, as prices vary by location. You can fill-out the form at the bottom of this page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 4 Freediving sessions
- 8 Theory topics with slides, videos, photos and demonstrations
- 2 Confined water sessions to train static apnea & dynamic apnea
- AIDA 3 Star certification upon completion
- Electronic PDF manual
- Swimming pool rental (if needed)
- Photos / videos of your dives
- Access to the Freediving.Life Private Group on Facebook!
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the AIDA ** Freediver course or equivalent, OR have participated in 5 AIDA ranked comps, within the last 6 years with AIDA ranked results of at least 35m CWT, 3.45min static and 75m
DYN and have passed the AIDA** Exam.
- Have completed the AIDA Medical Form
- Have completed the Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the course. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION
To successfully complete the AIDA 3 Star course you will have to perform:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 2:45
- Dive in constant weight to at least -24 meters
- Perform a dynamic apnea (with fins) of at least 55 meters
- Have passed the AIDA 2 exam with a score of 75% or higher
At the end of the course you will be able to freedive comfortably with an experienced buddy to depths of 25-30 meters.
INQUIRE / ASK QUESTIONS
For questions about the course, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com