ABOUT THE COURSE
The Apnea Academy Advanced Monofin Freediver is a specialized course that will take you through the skills, theory and techniques necessary start using a monofin efficiently, which, as a result, will make your dives easier, deeper and longer. You will learn the proper monofin technique and, in order to master this technique, you will practice with various exercises in confined water, open water and on land. You will also be introduced to specific stretching and strengthening exercises that will help improve your monofin kicks while obtaining a better fluidity and streamlined position underwater. Topics such as how to select the best monofin for you, monofin care and maintenance, physics of the monofin and more will all be covered in this 4 day course.
This course includes 3 open water line diving sessions where you’ll get to work on your technique while diving deep into the sea.
- History of the Monofin, monofin construction, materials and design options
- Physics and bio-mechanics of the monofin
- Analysis of the technique in various freediving disciplines
- Exercises and training with the monofin in the water
- Exercises on stretching and physical preparation
Lessons on Stretching and Physical Preparation
- Stretching exercises for the monofin
- Exercises on conjunctures mobility
- Exercises to strengthen the lombar, abdominal areas and specific zones
Confined Water Training
- Free-body exercises (without fins)
- Exercises with short fins
- Exercises with monofin
Open Water Training
- Various Duck-dive techniques
- Constant weight monofin diving
- Descent technique (alignment to line and free-fall)
- Turning technique
- Ascent technique
- Safety assistance
Price: please contact us for pricing.
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
- 5 thoery lessons
- 4 lessons on stretching and physical preparation for the monofin (6 hours)
- 7 confined water training sessions (10 hours)
- 3 open water training sessions
- Freediving equipment rental
- Monofin rental
- Use of The Manual of Freediving
- Apnea Academy Advanced Monofin Freediver certification upon completion. Physical certification card is sent to you by mail.
Pre-requisites: Have completed an Apnea Academy Level 2, or equivalent freediving course. Must be medically fit (see below). Minimum age is 14 years. Students 14-17 years of age must have a parent or guardian consent.
Course Structure: The course runs over 4 days with flexible arrangements for individual students to get the mentoring they need. It can also be arranged as a 1 month training program.
Minimum Performances Required for Certification:
- Perform all exercises satisfactorily with an adequate profile
- Perform dynamic apnea distance of at least 75 meters
- Be able to swim with the monofin and frontal snorkel on surface for 200 m
- Perform a constant weight dive with the monofin to 20+ meters
You will be asked to complete a medical deceleration and unless you suffer a medical condition that is a contradiction to freediving you will not be required to complete a medical examination. Students will contradicting medical conditions will be required to undergo a dive medical.
SIGN-UP / INQUIRE
For more information on course pricing, scheduling and details, please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org