ABOUT THE COURSE
Apnea Discovery is designed to give all lovers of the sea the opportunity to experience freediving in a safe and enjoyable way. It’s perfect for those who would like to try out freediving without having to jump straight into a course as well as for those who don’t have a lot of free time. In this case, come for a 1-1/2 day introduction where you can learn the basics and discover the wellness provided by freediving. The day starts with a theory session followed by breathing exercises before we go to train breath holds in the shallows. Afterwards it’s straight to the sea where we freedive on the buoy and enjoy being underwater in the most natural way possible. We always make time to play on the reef as well, practicing your new skills under the eye of your instructor. If you like it you are welcome to join a course and expand your diving horizons.
- Physical and mental fitness for apnea, basic equipment, apnea disciplines, basic techniques of freediving
- Physiology of freediving, equalization, safety with system of pairs
- Breathing techniques, pranayama, relaxation techniques, relaxation in the water
Sessions of Breathing, Relaxation
- Physical relaxation and autogenic training
- Breathing techniques and diaphragmatic breathing
Confined / Open Water Training
- Basic finstroke technique
- Proper weighting
- Quick release of weightbelt
- Free Immersion Dives
- Constant Weight Dives
- Dynamic Apnea at 5 meters
- Assistance in Freediving
- Static Apnea
Price: please contact us for pricing.
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
The Course Includes:
- 3 theory Lessons
- 2 lessons on techniques of breathing and relaxation
- 2-3 confined / open water sessions
- Freediving equipment rental
- Use of The Manual of Freediving
Pre-requisites: Must be able to swim and be medically fit (see below). Minimum age is 12 years. Students 12-17 years of age must have a parent or guardian consent.
Course Structure: The course runs over 1-1/2-2 days with flexible arrangements for individual students to get the mentoring they need.
You will be asked to complete a medical deceleration and unless you suffer a medical condition that is a contradiction to freediving you will not be required to complete a medical examination. Students will contradicting medical conditions will be required to undergo a dive medical.
SIGN-UP / INQUIRE
For more information on course pricing, scheduling and details, please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org