THE START OF DEEP FREEDIVING
- You’re already a cetified freediver with some good experience!
- You want to go deeper, stay longer in static apnea, and improve your freediving techniques!
The Advanced Freediver Course is designed for people who are ready to take their freediving to the next level! This course is THE start of deep freediving! Advanced freedivers are trained to dive up to -30m. You will be able to really experience the sensations of deep diving.
Much of the course will be spent building on the skills learnt in the Freediver course, learning and practicing free-fall technique, advanced frenzel equalization techniques and training tables.
This course is ideal for freedivers wanting to get deeper than is taught in the level one course. It opens up a whole new world of diving and offers the first glimpse in to what competitive freedivers experience. It is also a great course to enhance your rescue and buddy skills.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who completed their PADI Freediver Course (or equivalent) and wants additional knowledge and training to dive deeper
- Anyone who completed their PADI Advanced Course (or equivalent) some time ago and wants to redo the course
THE ADVANCED FREEDIVER COURSE CONSISTS OF
- Theory sessions
- Breathing and relaxation sessions
- 2 confined water sessions (in the bay or swimming pool)
- 4 open water sessions
- 1 exam to pass
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
- You will learn what happens to the body (and lungs) when the surrounding pressure becomes greater and how the body adapts to this (mammalian dive reflex).
- You will learn more about equalization techniques and how to perform or master the frenzel technique.
- The confined water sessions will allow you to practice O2 and CO2 tables, learn training concepts for static and how to prepare a maximum attempt.
- We will refine your freediving techniques, improve your streamlining position, and perform frenzel equalization efficiently while freediving. You will learn and practice the free falling and how to be very relaxed when performing a freedive to depth.
- More rescue scenarios at depth and on the surface will be practice.
The course is 3-4 days. We start promptly at 9:00 AM and finish between 3:00-6:00 PM
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Theory: Buoyancy and Freefall, The Mammalian Dive Response
- Confined Water Session – Static Apnea & Dynamic Apnea
- Theory: Equalization
- Open-water Sessions 1 & 2
- Theory: Training Concepts, Barotraumas
- Confined Water Session – Training Tables
- Theory: Physiology, Lungs at Depths, Hypoxia and Blackout
- Open-water Sessions 3&4
Schedule is subject to change
Courses are held in Dahab, Egypt (the mecca for freediving!)
The price for the 3-4 day Advanced Freediver Course is 275 Euros. Equipment rental included.
Add AIDA 3 Star Certification: +20 Euros
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 4 Freediving sessions
- Theory sessions
- 2 Confined water sessions to train static apnea & dynamic apnea
- PADI Freediver certification upon completion (Option to add AIDA 3* Certification: +20 euros)
- PADI Freediver Touch electronic manual
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the PADI Freediver Course or equivalent.
- Have completed the Medical Form and Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the course. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION
To successfully complete the PADI Advanced Freediver course you will have to perform:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 2:30 (2:45 for AIDA 3* certification)
- Dive in constant weight to at least -20 meters (-24 meters for AIDA 3* certification)
- Perform a dynamic apnea (with fins) of at least 50 meters (55 meters for AIDA 3* certification)
- Have passed the exam
At the end of the course you will be able to freedive comfortably with an experienced buddy to depths of 15-24 meters.
INQUIRE / ASK QUESTIONS
For questions about the course, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com