AN INTRODUCTION TO FREEDIVING
This course is designed to be an introduction to freediving for the complete beginner. It aims to help you develop the skills, knowledge and safety procedures necessary to enjoy freediving safely within your limits of experience.
The PADI Basic Freediver course is not aimed towards competitive freediving but more for recreational freediving. You will learn essential freediving skills in Masbat Bay, such as static apnea and dynamic apnea. And you will also get introduced to correct freediving techniques in slightly deeper water. The freedives can be a combination of horizontal and vertical swimming.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who wants to try freediving in Dahab and either doesn’t have the time is is unsure about committing to the full PADI Freediver Course. This is a great first step for developing solid freediving skills.
THE BASIC FREEDIVER COURSE CONSISTS OF
- Instructor-lead theory session
- Breathing and relaxation session
- 1 confined water sessions (in the bay or swimming pool)
- 1 open water session
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
- You will learn about the equipment for freediving
- Breathing for freediving
- Equalization techniques
- Safety for freediving
- Freediving and Scuba Diving
During the breathing and relaxation session:
- How the breathing can help you to get relax
- Recovery breathing
During the Confined Water session:
- Static apnea training
- Safety and buddying
During the Open Water session:
- Using freediving equipment
- Duck diving
- Body positioning
- Free Immersion and Constant Weight
- Finning style
- Safety and Buddying
- Dives will be at 10m maximum depth
The course is 1 day. We start at 9:00 AM and finish between 3:00-6:00 PM
We will start with an orientation and the theory session which will explain all the important aspects of freediving such as correct breathing and safety procedures. And then we will go for some freediving practice in the bay in Lighthouse which is super flat, calm and beautiful and the ideal environment to practice freediving skills for the first time.
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Theory & Breathing and Relaxation Session
- Confined Water Session
- Open Water Session
Schedule is subject to change
The price for the PADI Basic Freediver Course is 95 Euros. Equipment rental included.
Add AIDA 1 Star Certification: +10 Euros
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 1 Freediving session
- Theory session
- 1 Confined water session
- PADI Freediver certification upon completion (Option to add AIDA 1* Certification: +10 euros)
- PADI Freediver Touch electronic manual
- Be at least 18 years of age, or at least 12 years with parent or guardian consent (16 years with parent consent for AIDA certification)
- Have adequate swimming skills and in good physical health.
- No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
- Have completed the Medical Form and Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the course. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION
To successfully complete the PADI Basic Freediver course you will have to perform:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 1:30
- Perform a dynamic apnea (with fins) of at least 25 meters
At the end of the course you will be able to freedive comfortably with an experienced buddy to depths of 2-10 meters.
INQUIRE / ASK QUESTIONS
For questions about the course, please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org