3 DAYS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR FREEDIVING (& YOUR LIFE!) FOREVER!
The PADI Freediver Course is your first step into freediving, the purest form of exploring underwater world. You don’t need any previous experience in snorkeling or scuba diving.
This is the most popular freediving course for beginners AND self-taught freedivers, pool freedivers and spearfishermen that want to improve their freediving techniques and learn how to freedive safely and efficiently.
The course is designed to prepare you to freedive in the dynamic open ocean conditions. You will learn and practice fundamental skills so you can freedive safely and efficiently. After completing the course you will be able to plan and execute safe freedives in the sea as one half of a responsible and competent buddy team.
This is a comprehensive course where you are taught in the classroom, confined water and open water. It is the most important first steps in getting a solid foundation for freediving.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to freedive
- Self taught freedivers who want to learn the proper freediving techniques (duck-dive, finning, breathe-up), safety skills and who want to better understand what they are doing
- Spearfishermen who want to improve their finning technique, hydrodyamics, depth and breath-hold time
- Pool freedivers who want to learn how to freedive safely, comfortably and efficiently in the sea, and also how to perform rescues
- Anyone who is curious about freediving and wants to learn more about it and try it out
- Learn the fundamentals about apnea; the physiology, physics and techniques
- Learn how to equalize efficiently & without causing damage to the ear
- Have a clear understanding of the dangers associated with freediving (blackout & loss of motor control) how to avoid these dangers and how to assist & rescue your buddy if an accident occurs
- Complete set of proper freediving skills that will allow you to execute open water freedives safely and effectively
- Learn about the different freediving equipment, how to maintain it and use it effectively
Practical application: A considerable amount of time is spent poolside, beach, stretching, breathing, briefings, diving etc.
THE PADI FREEDIVER COURSE CONSISTS OF
- Instructor lead theory sessions
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for freediving
- 2 confined water sessions
- 3 open water sessions
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
During the theory sessions:
- You will learn the basics of the physics and physiology that applies to freediving
- Breathing and relaxation for freediving
- How to prevent blackout and LMC
- How to rescue a freediver in trouble; how to safely improve your dives
During the static apnea session:
- The instructor will teach you advanced breathing and relaxation techniques, so that you will be able to extend your breath-hold times easily and safely
- You will put into practice; the breath-up techniques, the breath-hold & relaxation, followed by the recovery breathing
During the dynamic apnea session:
- You will practice dynamic apnea with fins (horizontal freediving)
- You will learn what is the correct weighting to use
- You will receive feedback on your finning technique and body position
During the open water sessions:
- You will practice frenzel equalization
- The instructor will help you to learn and improve your technique in Free-Immersion and Constant weight freediving; duck dive, body and head position, streamline position during the descent, finning technique, etc
- You will practice safety and rescue procedures from the depth and at the surface
- You will learn how to use the safety lanyard
- Progressive adaptation to the depth
- Do a fun dive along the reef if there is time!
The course is 2-3 days. We start at 9:00 AM and finish between 4:00-5:00 PM
Day 1 – PREPARING FOR APNEA, BREATHING & RELAXATION
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Lecture: Freediving Discplines & Equipment
- Lecture / Practical: Breathing and Relaxation for freediving
- Confined Water Session – Static Apnea & Relaxation
- Theory / Practical: Physics & Equalization. How to equalize in the proper way
Day 2 – FREEDIVING & TECHNIQUES
- Stretching for Freediving
- Open-water Session 1 – Free-Immersion (& some Constant Weight Freediving)
- Theory: Physiology & Dangers of Hyperventilation
- Confined Water Session – Dynamic Apnea & Finning Technique
- Theory: Freediving Techniques
Day 3 – FREEDIVING PRACTICE & RESCUE TRAINING
- Stretching / Relaxation for Freediving
- Open-water Session 2 – Freediving Practice (FIM & CWT)
- Theory: Safety in Freediving
- Open-water Session 3 – Freediving & Rescue Practice
Schedule is subject to change
Courses are held in Dahab, Egypt (the mecca for freediving!)
The price for the 2-3 day PADI Freediver Course is 240 Euros. Equipment rental included.
Add AIDA 2 Star Certification: +20 Euros
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 3 Freediving sessions
- 1 Fun freediving session (if there is time!)
- Theory sessions
- Static apnea session
- Dynamic apnea session
- Breathing and relaxation session
- PADI Freediver certification upon completion (Option to add AIDA 2* Certification: +20 euros)
- PADI Freediver Touch electronic manual
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Be able to swim at least 200m non stop without fins and at least 300m non stop with mask, fins and snorkel
- Have completed the PADI Medical Form
- Have completed the Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the course. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION
To successfully complete the PADI Freediver course you will have to perform:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 1:30 (2 minutes for AIDA 2* certification)
- Dive in constant weight to at least -10 meters (-16 meters for AIDA 2* certification)
- Perform a dynamic apnea (with fins) of at least 25 meters (40 meters for AIDA 2* certification)
At the end of the course you will be able to freedive comfortably with an experienced buddy to depths of 16 meters.
For questions about the course, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com