TRAIN UP TO ELITE LEVEL
If you’re an advanced freediver who wants to learn how to fine-tune your lifestyle and training so that you can approach elite freediving levels, then the PADI Master Freediver is for you. Through focused sessions, you’ll go to work on your static apnea, dynamic apnea, free immersion and constant weight techniques and mental training skills.
A large part of the course is dedicated to learning advanced equalization techniques (the mouthfill) and putting it into practice on your dives.
The PADI Master Freediver Course consists of three main phases:
Knowledge development about nutrition, relaxation and advanced breathing techniques. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions). You’ll also complete independent research as part of the Master Freediver Assignment.
Confined water session to improve static and dynamic apnea attempts, including a no fins dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 3 minutes, 30 seconds and dynamic apnea of 70 metres/230 feet.
Open water sessions to practice mouthfill equalization and perform warm-up and workup dives for free immersion and constant weight freediving. Goal – constant weight freedive of 27 metres/90 feet.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who completed their PADI Advanced Freediver Course (or equivalent) and wants additional knowledge and training to dive deeper
- Anyone who would like to become a Freediving Assistant Instructor
- Anyone who is on their path to becoming a Freediving Instructor
THE MASTER FREEDIVER COURSE CONSISTS OF
- Theory sessions
- Stretching and practical sessions
- 2 confined water sessions (in the bay or swimming pool)
- 4 open water sessions
- 1 exam to pass
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
- You will learn theory regarding deep freediving and deep equalization technique (mouthfill equalization)
- You will learn more about training and nutrition for freediving.
- You will learn specific stretches to prepare efficiently your deep freedives.
- You will do some variable weight during the course and practice more constant weight and free-immersion freedives.
- We will coach you to improve your confidence and techniques during the deep freedives.
To successfully complete the Master Freediver course you will have to perform a 3 minutes 30 second breath-hold, swim 70m in Dynamic with fins and freedive to 27-40 meters in the constant weight discipline.
Once certified as a Master Freediver, you can join our Master Internship Program which will prepare you for your Freediver Instructor Course!
The course is 4-5 days. We start at 9:00 AM and finish between 3:00-6:00 PM
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Theory: Failure Depth and Mouthfill Equalization
- Confined Water Session – Static Apnea & Dynamic Apnea
- Open-water Sessions 1 & 2
- Theory: Lung Packing & Decompression Illness
- Confined Water Session
- Theory: Advanced Equipment, Fitness for Freediving, Nutrition for Freediving
- Open-water Sessions 3 & 4
- Theory: Role of Assistant Instructor
Schedule is subject to change
Courses are held in Dahab, Egypt (the mecca for freediving!)
The price for the 4-5 day Master Freediver Course is 380 Euros. Equipment rental included.
Add AIDA 4 Star Certification: +20 Euros
A 50% deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the course. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 4 Freediving sessions
- Theory sessions
- 2 Confined water sessions to train static apnea & dynamic apnea
- PADI Master Freediver certification upon completion (Option to add AIDA 4* Certification: +20 euros)
- PADI Freediver Touch electronic manual
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the PADI Freediver Course or equivalent.
- Have completed the Medical Form and Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the course. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION
To successfully complete the PADI Master Freediver course you will have to perform:
- Perform a static apnea of at least 3:30 (3:30 for AIDA 4* certification)
- Dive in constant weight to at least 27-40 meters (32-38 meters for AIDA 4* certification)
- Perform a dynamic apnea (with fins) of at least 70 meters (70 meters for AIDA 4* certification)
- Have passed the exam
At the end of the course you will be able to freedive comfortably with an experienced buddy to depths of 30-40 meters.
INQUIRE / ASK QUESTIONS
For questions about the course, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com