LEARN EQUALIZATION TECHNIQUES TO GO DEEP
Equalization is a key element in freediving. If you are able to equalize without any stress, you will improve your freediving significantly.
In this two day Mouthfill Equalization Workshop you will learn all the ins-and-outs of the mouthfill equalization technique which will enable you to dive to depths of 40+ meters effortlessly.
You will learn how to best train the mouthfill technique and how to apply it on your dives as well as how to improve your frenzel technique.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Freedivers diving to 30-40 meters deep (or deeper) and want to start learning and applying mouthfill equalization on their dives
- Freedivers / spearfishermen who want to dive deeper but are getting stuck with frenzel equalization
- Freedivers who already apply mouthfill equalization on their dives but it's not working or allowing them to go deep
- Freedivers who already apply mouthfill equalization but they would like to improve / fine tune their technique
- Freedivers or spearfishermen who are curious about the mouthfill technique and want to learn more about it and try it out
- Learn about the physiology involved in equalization
- Learn and practice dry exercises to control the soft palette, glottis and tongue
- Learn and practice dry exercises to improve frenzel equalization technique
- Learn the mouthfill technique with step-by-step instructions on how to do
- Practicing mouthfill dry and with a water jug
- 3 In-water training sessions to practice / develop mouthfill equalization technique
THE MOUTHFILL EQUALIZATION WORKSHOP CONSISTS OF
- Theory sessions
- Dry exercises
- 2 open water sessions
- 1 pool session
English. (The course is mostly practical so perfect English is not necessary)
The course is 2 days. We start at 9:00 AM and finish between 4:00-5:00 PM
Day 1 - THEORY & DRY EXERCISES
- Introduction & Paperwork
- Lecture: Definitions & Physiology of Equalization
- Lecture: Valsalva & Frenzel - Exercises to Improve Frenzel Technique
- Lecture/Practical: The Glottis in Detail & CO2 Versus the Glottis
- Lecture/Practical: The Soft Palate
- Lecture: Why Learn Mouthfill?
- Lecture/Practical: Exercises to Learn Mouthfill
- Lecture/Practical: Steps for Charging Mouthfill
- Pool Session to practice charging and maintaining mouthfill
Day 2 - OPEN-WATER PRACTICE & THEORY
- Open Water Session 1
- Theory/Practical: Mouthfill Management
- Theory/Practical: The Water Pipe & Equalization Exercises
- Theory: FRC Diving
- Open Water Session 2
Courses are held in Dahab, Egypt (the mecca for freediving!)
The price for the 2 day Mouthfill Equalization Workshop is 225 euros.
A 150 euro deposit paid before the start date secures your position in the workshop. The balance is payable on the first day of the course.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- 2 Freediving sessions
- 1 Pool session
- Theory/practical sessions with slides, videos, photos and demonstrations
- Swimming pool rental
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed a level 1 freediving course (ideally also a level 2 and 3 freediving course)
- Have completed the Medical Statement
- Have completed the Liability Release
While it is recommended that you have a full diving medical examination, which is good practice, it is not essential to participate in the workshop. You will, however, be required to fill in a medical questionnaire on the first day of the course.
SIGN-UP / INQUIRE
For questions about the workshop, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com